Thursday, November 25, 2010
Train travel in Italy is made easy in the Italy rail guide, one of WebVisionItaly.com's most popular videos. The Train Italy video is a guide to riding trains in Italy. So for Thanksgiving when many of are on trains, planes, and automobiles, we're publishing 10 Tips to riding the train in Italy.
Motorino Man's Top 10 Tips to ride Italy's rails from the big three like Rome trains, Florence trains, and Venice trains to tips for buying Italy rail tickets in small stations in towns outside Italy's big three that may not be manned at all times by ticket sellers.
Click to see the video how to buy a train ticket in Italy for important tips and tricks to navigating the Italy train ticket vending machine so you may buy a train ticket in Italy without hassle when traveling Italy. Motorino Man suggests buying train tickets in Italy as itineraries change and trains do get cancelled.
Click for a full listing of Italy train travel vacations by Italian Tourism.
Motorino Man's Top 10 Tips to Ride Train in Italy.
10. Save money by buying bread and prosciutto before arriving at station for food on train. If you don't bring food the dining car is a very nice place to have a snack.
9. Arrive 30 minutes before departure for stress-free travel.
8. Trains in Italy are used by Italian commuters at rush hour so try to plan your travel off rush-hour and do plan accordingly. Train ticket in Italy will be less expensive off rush hour.
7. In Italy's big three Rome, Florence, Venice and all Italy's big-city stations like Naples, Milan, Bari, Genoa etc. if standing on line or at vending machine to buy ticket beware of pick pockets and other thieves and do always keep an eye on your baggage by keeping it eyesight next to you.
6. Gather belongings before destination so exiting is smooth and efficient - especially important when exiting before end of line because Italian trains only stop long enough for exiting and entering passengers. Every time you stand up on train in Italy glance back to see what you left behind.
5. Carry change to buy ticket at vending machine in small stations where there is no attendant.
4. Carry-on bags: Keep your bag under your seat or between your legs. If you are going to place it in the overhead compartment, try to place it ahead of your seat location, so you can see whoever reaches into the compartment.
3. If catching the train outside major cities like Italy's big three Rome, Florence, and Venice be sure to check that the Italian train you get on is the one you want. Many travel same track.
2. ALWAYS validate Italy train ticket by stamping it in CONVALIDA yellow box in the station or along the track platform.
1. Keep an eye on things at all times in stations and on Italy's trains. YOU carry your luggage onto the bus, train, truck, or taxi with you. Don’t allow a porter or stranger to take your bag for you. You might not ever see it again.
And finally, when you buy a train ticket in Italy be sure you actually receive a ticket for a Italy train.
Now that you know how to ride the Italy rail check out these great Italy train travel vacations. Or click to see a full listing of cruises around Italy including cruises from Rome and cruises from Venice.
For more about riding trains in Italy visit WebVisionItaly's video how to train travel in Italy.