Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Italy Travel: Naples My Way


What do people think of when they think of Naples?

Is it Pizza and Spaghetti?  

I experienced Naples first hand and I can tell you there's a lot more to Naples than Pizza and Spaghetti.  This city has such an amazing culture with all the architecture, ruins, beaches, people and exquisite foods.  Just walking down a street in Naples, one can appreciate the antique roads with a story and a history left behind.  I enjoyed promenading down these narrow roads with a gelato in my hand and looking at the beautiful architecture and vistas, I also enjoyed the friendly natives (i Napoletani) out on their balconies or usually on their vespas driving by and greeting me in their musical language of Italian.  I have been on many beaches and yet I can't seem to find one that compares to the beaches of Naples.  

I had the opportunity to take a cruise of the Mediterranean Sea and I will never forget the different shades of blue and green waters that looked like a scene in Homer's Odyssey.   I'll never forget the way the sun hit the white cliffs with multi-colored houses overlapping each other accenting the clear blue waters like pristine images from a postcard.  I think that everyone should get an opportunity to visit Naples.  It is very easy to open a book and learn about a city but when you actually travel you get to live the lifestyle that people only hear about and learn in text books.  It is very important to see the world the way it is supposed to be seen.   


An easy way to travel from Napoli (Naples) to Sorrento and Pompeii is by Circumvesuviana. This local train works its way around the Bay of Naples:




Visit the Naples Channel on www.webvisionitaly.com





Julie F.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home